The Lake Links Association is working to encourage the development of safe routes for kids, bikes, pedestrians & the disabled through towns and villages around White Bear Lake in western Washington and eastern Ramsey counties.
PLEASE JOIN US!
7 p.m. Monday, June 19, 2017
Mahtomedi Schools District Education Center
1520 Mahtomedi Avenue
- Show your support for completing safe passage around White Bear Lake
- Hear about recent progress
- outcome of meetings with MnDOT
- fate of proposed legislation to provide funding for preliminary engineering
- report on National Trails Day bike around the lake
- Learn how you can help with next steps
- installing Lake Links Route signage around the lake
- participating in a “walking audit” to demonstrate value of project
PROGRESS IS BEING MADE ON EVERY SHORE!
- Endorsement from eight cities around the lake
- Endorsement from Washington and Ramsey counties
- A bill for preliminary engineering pending in the Minnesota Legislature
- Support from numerous elected officials
- Acknowledgment from the Minnesota Department of Transportation that MN244 is “clearly” not safe
- More than 300 community members engaged with the initiative through social media